Sunday, March 25, 2007

Would you like a napkin with that ice cream?

Jonathan was three years older than me so I looked up to him and thought he was so cool. I can remember one time when we were really young and the family was having a get together (I'm sure for someone's birthday) picnic. It was time for dessert and Aunt Dottie had just given us some ice cream, and Jonathan started tearing up his napkin into small pieces. He asked me if I wanted to see something cool and he put a piece of napkin in his hand and ate it with his ice cream, (or so I thought.) He told me you couldn't taste it but it's what big kids did. So like any five year old, I started chowing down on paper napkins and vanilla ice cream thinking I was so cool and grown up, but when we were done with dessert and went to play, all the paper napkin pieces flew out of his pocket and I was yet another sucker to believe the words of Jonathan Devore. (Makes me think of Travis Lee and his bright colored blazer!)
Three years have flown by, but I can just imagine him in heaven muting the angels microphones while they are singing praises, and him and Jesus laughing at their expense!
Much Love to JD,
Katie Smith Arnold

No comments: