Monday, March 19, 2007

Red Bull


I sit in the lobby of a hotel in Phoenix, Arizona sipping my red bull. Many of you know where this is going. Almost seven years ago, Jane and I were about to leave for a vacation to Florida. Just prior to pulling out of the driveway, JD shows up with a travel gift for us. A case of red bull. Most diehards know that there are 32 cans in a case. Jane and I iced several down and threw the whole case in the back. Here is the sad part. We found ourselves stopping at a gas station on the way home to buy more. We had gone through all 32 cans in about five days. Needless to say we became addicted. Now, I find myself measuring the stress of the day by the number of cans I drink. "It is a one red bull day" or "it is a two red bull day". To this day we blame or thank Jonathan for being our dealer.
Jonathan shared so many things with Jane, Jared and myself. The greatest was his love for life and passion to be uniquely used for God. We think of him often...
- Jim Randall

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Alright... 'fess up. Who else got hooked on Red Bull courtesy of jd??

Elizabeth said...

What was the worst about JD working at Red Bull was that he supplied all of our habits. It wasn't until he left for California and I had to start actually paying for the redbull that I realized I had a problem.