Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Dear Jonathan... I have some really clear memories of the 4th of July picnics at Grandpa Slick's. I remember the cart rides Dan and Patrick used to give us. I remember getting George stuck in the creek at least once usually two or three times during the jeep outing. I remember the piles of bbq ribs. I remember the elaborate watermelon carvings. I remember one year when we made a blueberry/strawberry cake decorated like the American flag. I remember lots of corn. I remember playing catch or bocce ball or croquet in the side yard. I remember hiking down the creek and walking across it on a fallen tree branch. I remember the whoopee cushion. I remember homemade ice cream. I remember the heat. And I remember the feeling of family... of love and acceptance... of laughter and fun... of being home.

I can't wait to be home.

I miss you lots. Every day. Some days more than others. But I always miss you.

No comments: