Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Space Camp

A friend left her case of dvds at my house while she is backpacking through Egypt. I had immediate flashbacks when I came across this movie.
I distinctly remember Jonathan and I watching it with my parents at the house on Mossline Drive. I am pretty sure we watched multiple times. It was definitely part of the inspiration for Jonathan and I going to Space Camp one spring. I think he was in the fourth grade and I was in the fifth grade. If I recall we got to miss a few days of school because it was an educational trip... or maybe that was something else. Anyway - as best as I can remember my parents or maybe it was my mom and Lydia drove us over and then they stayed at a hotel in Huntsville.
Jonathan and I had a blast. We were put on separate shuttle crews but saw each other at meals and such. We did a lot of math stuff, rode in the centrifugal spin around thing and ate dried ice cream. I remember a lot of stairs at the NASA building. And I think we may have watched Space Camp while at Space Camp. :) We got to wear these really cool space suits - which I still have. I may also still have the packages of freeze dried strawberry ice cream that I brought back. Maybe I will sell that on E-Bay. We did not learn anything about diapers... that must be a recent phenomen. :)
And here is the proof...
Ok I am off to enjoy the movie and relive all the great memories...

No comments: