Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

So today was a day when I really wanted to call Jonathan because he would have loved this story...
I went to HaYarkon Park today for a picnic and boating with other immigrant students from Tel Aviv University. (No I am not an immigrant but they include me because I am an international student.) After eating, we divided into two groups for boating. I chose the paddle boat (flashbacks to pre-teen camp at the State park!). Danielle and Max were in my group. Max and I paddled; Danielle navigated. It was a beautiful evening and we were having great fun. Suddenly something jumped out of the water and back in. We were all curious. Pretty soon we noticed fish jumping every few minutes. Cute little fish diving in and out of the water. I instantly remembered this clip from Sesame Street that Jonathan and I loved. I found it on youtube but I can't get it to post here. The link is http://youtube.com/watch?v=pFTjeaDlxDI to watch it. So I tell Danielle and Max wouldn't it be funny if a fish jumped in our boat. They laughed. About five minutes later, Danielle screamed. I turned around a THERE WAS A FISH FLOPPING AROUND IN THE BOAT! Seriously. It was the funniest thing. I was screaming and grabbing the camera. Danielle was frantically trying to shoo it back into the water. Poor Max was more worried about the two of us than the fish. :)
Here is the poor guy bouncing around... I guess Bert and Ernie aren't the only ones who can fish without a pole!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only do you have great adventures, but you are a very good writer!! I laugh and I cry when I read your stories! thanks. mom