Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How Not to Get a Date

Dear Jonathan - I had the craziest phone conversation last night. I know you would find it hilarious...

Kirsten: Hello.

Mr.Israeli: Hallo.

Kirsten: Hello.

Mr.Israeli: Hallo.

Kirsten: Hi.

Mr.Israeli: Mi zote? (Who is this?)

Kirsten: Kirsten

Mr.Israeli: Mi? (Who?)

Kirsten: KIRSTEN

Mr.Israeli: Mi?

Kirsten: KIRSTEN!!!!!!

Mr.Israeli: speaks in Hebrew to someone off the phone.

Kirsten: Who do you want?

Mr.Israeli: At medabarit ivrit? (Do you speak Hebrew?)

K: No.

MI: At medabarit anglit? (Do you speak English?)

K: Yes. English.

MI: Where did you get this SIM card?

K: The store.

MI: What store?

K: The cellcom store.

MI: It’s my number.

K: Ha.Ha. No it’s my number.

MI: No. I lost it like two weeks ago.

K: Sorry but it’s my number and I have had it for a year and a half.

MI: Oh. (short pause)

MI: Well can I see you?

K: WHAT!?

MI: Can I see you?

K: No. (laugh laugh laugh)

MI: What I don’t understand you?

K: You don’t understand NO.

MI: It is hard to hear you.

K: I said NO.

MI: Where are you right now?

K: Excuse me.

MI: Where are you?

K: Israel.

MI: Where?

K: Israel.

MI: says something in Hebrew to someone off the phone.

MI or possibly Mr.Israeli2: Where are you again?

K: Israel.

MI: Okay but where in Israel? Tel Aviv? Petah Tikva?

K: Sderot (which is the town near Gaza where the rockets have been landing for the past year. )

And the call disconnects…

So I'm left wondering if he has had success with this method in the past... or was it just a spur of the moment thought... you know, "Hey, while I've got this girl on the phone I might as well ask her out."

No comments: