Thursday, February 22, 2007

Follow that Bird!


So you are probably all wondering what in the world does a Big Bird movie have to do with Jonathan! Well this was the very first movie that Jonathan and I saw in the theatre. It was the summer of 1985. Jonathan was 5 years old and I was six. We were in Minnesota for a family reunion. I distinctly remember being thrilled about going to the movies for the very first time. I remember my aunt and uncle and several cousins went with us. The movie was picked because it was a Sesame Street film and certainly would not contain anything to scar us children. Oops. Jonathan and I both were pretty upset that Big Bird was in trouble. I distinctly remember some tears being shed.This is the same trip to Minnesota. We are sitting at the feet of Paul Bunyan at Paul Bunyan Land with our cousin, Nicole. Every trip to Minnesota included a visit to the Paul Bunyan Land theme park!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Cooper Loves follow that Bird!