Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remembering

5 years ago today, God called Jonathan Devore to celebrate his homegoing. Jonathan was a young man that loved the Lord, loved people and wanted his life to be used by God.
I am not sure why at such a young age, God was ready for him to come home but I do know this: that Jonathan heard His Lord say, “well done, my good and faithful servant.”
Please pray for Sam and Dottie, Kirsten, Lydia and David.
Pray for the many others whose lives were touched by Jonathan to say yes to Jesus and what He wants to do in their lives.
I love you,
Dianne

4 comments:

Lucas said...

For some reason, JD is on my mind today... maybe because Nathan is quickly reaching the age JD was when I met him... maybe it is because my own Jonathan is now using JD's old water jug at football practice... I so yearn for my boys to be men like JD. I so want them to love the Lord and love life like JD did. Even as I type I realize... the reality is... I want to love the Lord and love life like JD did.

JD... thank you for the impact on my life and so many others!

Sam Devore said...

Happy Birthday, Jonathan

Dear God,
Please let Jonathan know that we miss him. We are confident that he is enjoying being in your presence. Our hope is steadfast on your loving promise of eternal life.

trust the tale not the teller said...

Thinking of you today, JD - and also your family. You are constantly in my thoughts. You inspire me to experience every day and appreciate every breath.
~love, christina

tookytooky said...

Hello!
I can't believe it has been 10 years since your passing! I think of you often but know you are at home with The Lord. Take care friend!

Tara Hug (Smith)