Saturday, July 7, 2007

Jim's not the only one...

So this is a picture of Craig Robinson (Darryl from "The Office") and I near the shuk (market) in Jerusalem. Rhonda and I just happened to bump into him in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (supposedly built on the place where Christ was crucified). He was pretty much wandering the city aimlessly after ditching his traveling pals in the underground tunnels in the City of David. We walked him through the church and down the Via Dolorosa. We enjoyed some hummus and sodas and chatted for awhile.

Anyway, if you look closely at what Craig is wearing - you will immediately get the Jonathan reference. Um... yes... that is a FANNY PACK! Jim Randall, we have a friend for you! :) Ok so I am basically laughing inside the whole time we are walking around... and then when he gets out money to pay at the restaurant, Craig even says "I know. I know. A fanny pack. Please don't say anything." At which point I burst into laughter. And Rhonda is saying "Yes he did." I opted not to tell the whole story but did point out that I was glad he knew how lame it was.

Fanny packs are actually quite popular here in Israel - and not just for tourists. Men wear them around their waists and also sling them over their shoulder like a purse. Apparently somebody finally got smart and developed a man purse. I will take pictures to show you. JD would love it. And of course mercilessly tease any guy he knew who chose to wear one.

No comments: